Thursday, March 10, 2011

Elaine's Hilarious Poem

Elaine wrote this poem as part of an English assignment to write a foreign language poem several months ago.  I think it is hilarious.  I don't know how to do upside down punctuation, so sorry.


"Hola"

Mi papa le gusta hablar espanol
Porque el estudia espanol for dos years
Al visitar Mexico provides him con an excuse
El habla espanol to everyone.
Each one of his conversations starts with hola.

The perfect opportunity arises
When mi padre va a La Ley, una tienda, for pastries
El tiene a conversation con the baker
Asking her ?Quieres un pastry?
Ella responde !Don't use your hands!
He started that conversation with hola.

Buscamos another La Ley
El stops hablar con the construction worker
?Donde esta La Ley?
The next thing I heard was:
?Is that una mochila tree?
I know the conversation started with hola.

Inside La Ley we're on a mission
Finding the right almuerzo meat is essential
Mi papa y the deli worker hablan about almuerzo meat
Then, El introduces mi to the deli worker.

Yo tomo espanol this year
Yo cannot hablo it muy bien
Yo plan hablar all sorts of things,
But it doesn't go as planned.
All Yo manage hablar is ho--la.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is seriously an awesome poem. Very insightful, hilarious, and captures Dave to a "T".

Ilene said...

Hilarious! Es very clever! Me gusta the ending and the Spanglish.

Elaine, I hope you got an A+!

Hilary said...

I did get an A+ :) Thanks!!!

Hilary said...

Sorry that was Elaine.