Today at about 3:47.22 pm I received a phone call from an unknown number that I almost didn't answer. But I did and it was quite alarming. Northwest Fire and Rescue called to let me know that Jeremy was fine, but he had been choking on the bus and was now in their care until I could come get him. So I loaded up two sleeping boys in the car and sped up the road a few miles. En route I got another call from the kids' principal who relieved the bus driver so she could take the rest of the kids home telling me to take my time. I got there a few minutes later to see Jeremy hooked up to an O2 sensor, etc. Luckily, the hard candy had dissolved enough that he was pretty relaxed and comfortable. The firemen gave me the spiel about being required to take him to the hospital unless I refused, etc. but his vitals looked fine, etc. So he called the hospital and told them that the patient's father was a pediatric ENT and finally I signed for my child and we went home to a barrage of phone calls from teachers, parents of bus riders, ward members who drove by and saw us . . . quite the drama.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
EMERGENCY 321!!!
Today at about 3:47.22 pm I received a phone call from an unknown number that I almost didn't answer. But I did and it was quite alarming. Northwest Fire and Rescue called to let me know that Jeremy was fine, but he had been choking on the bus and was now in their care until I could come get him. So I loaded up two sleeping boys in the car and sped up the road a few miles. En route I got another call from the kids' principal who relieved the bus driver so she could take the rest of the kids home telling me to take my time. I got there a few minutes later to see Jeremy hooked up to an O2 sensor, etc. Luckily, the hard candy had dissolved enough that he was pretty relaxed and comfortable. The firemen gave me the spiel about being required to take him to the hospital unless I refused, etc. but his vitals looked fine, etc. So he called the hospital and told them that the patient's father was a pediatric ENT and finally I signed for my child and we went home to a barrage of phone calls from teachers, parents of bus riders, ward members who drove by and saw us . . . quite the drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just so glad that Jeremy is ok! How scary!
Post a Comment