So now that I've actually invited a few people to view this blog I am embarrassed at how pitiful it is. So I might as well include some embarrassing moments to go along. A few weeks ago my 6 yr old Alex's kindergarten class had a field trip to the grocery store just down the street. I tagged along with Liam in the stroller. (Ben was at preschool.) It was really cute to watch the kids. They were very impressed with the back stocking area of the store. They all got to see the inside of an empty semi-truck bed at the loading dock. They got to walk into the deep freeze (which was more exciting than Disneyland, apparently, by the whooping and hollering they made), watch meat get shrinkwrapped, see cookies baking, etc. But the biggest attraction was the box smasher. It is a big machine that compacts cardboard boxes. It has a big "17" on it, so you have to be 17 or older to operate it. Well, that got the kids competing. One kid said, "my brother is 18". Another said, "well, mine is 20." So Alex added, "well, my mom is . . ." and he said my age. Luckily I wasn't standing right by him.
Monday, December 17, 2007
So embarrassing.
So now that I've actually invited a few people to view this blog I am embarrassed at how pitiful it is. So I might as well include some embarrassing moments to go along. A few weeks ago my 6 yr old Alex's kindergarten class had a field trip to the grocery store just down the street. I tagged along with Liam in the stroller. (Ben was at preschool.) It was really cute to watch the kids. They were very impressed with the back stocking area of the store. They all got to see the inside of an empty semi-truck bed at the loading dock. They got to walk into the deep freeze (which was more exciting than Disneyland, apparently, by the whooping and hollering they made), watch meat get shrinkwrapped, see cookies baking, etc. But the biggest attraction was the box smasher. It is a big machine that compacts cardboard boxes. It has a big "17" on it, so you have to be 17 or older to operate it. Well, that got the kids competing. One kid said, "my brother is 18". Another said, "well, mine is 20." So Alex added, "well, my mom is . . ." and he said my age. Luckily I wasn't standing right by him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment