Saturday, September 8, 2012

My first baby went on her first date last night. Dave had been planning that night for 16 years. We ushered the young man into the office where Dave sat ominously behind the desk continuously cocking and uncocking his shotgun (unloaded, of course) while peppering the boy with questions. Fortunately, this boy knows us well and took it all in stride.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What??? How could it be?

Seriously, I do want to know what Dave discussed with the young man.

Sab said...

He didn't have him sign the contract? David still has his! :-)

Hilary said...

Sarah - Precious cargo . . . mostly just intimidating moves with the gun. Our friends were over joining in to help make it uncomfortable for him. I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt. Elaine went in the other room to avoid it all. The funniest is, Dave was about to send him out the door without mentioning a curfew until our friend asked, "what time does he need to bring her home?"

Sabrina - Forgot about the contract!

Ilene said...

Classic. I'm glad the guy knows the family well, poor kid.