I just read a friend's blog and she posted some pictures from the Boston MFA. They have a contest every year where florists are challenged to make arrangements inspired by paintings, etc in the museum. So, if I figured how to paste the link here, follow it to flowers imitating art.
http://bostonmcquivey.blogspot.com/2009/04/art-in-bloom-at-mfa.html
Enjoy. These reminded me of being in Tucson when Elaine was little and my friend Stephanie was weaving kiwi. It didn't look exactly like a kiwi fruit, but it "imitated" kiwi by having all sorts of colors and textures that one would find in a kiwi fruit. I miss being around artistic folk.
1 comment:
That was really cool to see how they made flowers represent paintings and sculptures.
The night after we read about the frog spawn, we were driving by a reservoir down the road and thought tons of little bits of trash were blowing into the pistachio orchard. Well, as we got closer we saw it was tons of baby frogs scooting across the road into the trees!! Yuck! We thought of you. I hope you get the situation under control. I'm not a fan of frogs or toads.
Post a Comment