
We rented a cabin and drove 8 hours to Brian Head, UT to spend our spring break frolicking in the snow and pines. Ben was able to shed the edgie-wedgies and ride the lift with Dave. (5 and under are completely free! With a paying adult, of course. And don't forget a helmet (not free and not cheap.) And the opportunity cost of said adult not enjoying his own time because he is going hoarse from yelling words of encouragement and denying pleas to quit.) Ben is a true champ and loved his last three runs of the day.
Dave's mom was with us the entire time, as were cousins Sam Parry (Jer's age) and Liz Eames (Elaine's age). My parents came up for a night and day, and my cousin Angee brought her two youngest up for a few nights and a full day inbetween. There were the usual fiascos such as broken collar bones and hips . . . JUST KIDDING! Although Talon did hurt a shoulder which pretty much voided any fun he was having before the injury. And Turner was positive he didn't need more sunscreen . . .
Anyway, here are a few of the recorded memories:

Sammy

Alex

Elaine

Liz

Jer

Liz turned 12!

Talon, Grandpa Porter, Turner, Jer, Alex, Elaine, Liz, Sam

William blinking with one eye.

Ben readies for his last run.
7 comments:
Hilary, no skiing for the baby mama?!!!
You know, Sarah, I really wanted to, but someone had to cook gourmet dinners, etc. And look at real estate.
Oops, I was logged in as Dave, and now I'm back as myself.
We should have come... at least we participated with the other pregnant lady at the store over the phone.
Update... friend's little boy does NOT have cancer... good news. Diagnosis from hematologist was Epstein-Barr virus. Apparently since he is symptomatic from this it isn't great. But way better than cancer.
And... you, my friend Hilary, are almost ready to have a baby!!! I'm only 3/4 done. When I get to the end I am jealous of every pregnant lady who is ahead of me in weeks...
That looks like it was a fun vacation. I love all the skiing pictures and especially the one of Ben and Dave. Cute little boy! William is a cutie too.
Were you early, on time, or late with your previous pregnancies? Any inklings of how Jill will time her entry?
Ilene, I have been late more often than early. And when I was early I was only a few days early, so it doesn't really count. I will be happy to go full term and then some, actually, because Jer, Alex, and Ben are all doing baseball and I don't know how we will coordinate it all if I am out of commission with a new baby!
So much fun! I love the fact that David's voice went hoarse. Seriously I can just hear him screaming "Yes! You've got it!" He's the best cheerleader isn't he? Glad you guys had so much fun. Who is Talon?
Post a Comment