Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Better Late than Never

I'm finally posting some pictures of Christmas, sort of. Above are the older kids, old enough to wake up early on Christmas morning, after receiving their stockings. They all huddled together in Elaine's bed until we woke up the littler guys to check out their stash.
After a big waffle breakfast, we loaded in the car and drove up to St George to spend time with the Porter clan. Grandma and Grandpa gave each of the kids a Camelbak for Christmas, so we took them for a short mile hike to break them in. It was so cute to see the little ones figure out how to get the water out. I guess the "little ones" only means Liam. It had been really cold and wet, so our poor city suburban couldn't make the grade, and we had to wait in a corral for James' tough 4wd suburban to rescue us and take us to the trail head. Above is Alex with his cousin sipping water.Elaine waits on the fence until we can get "rescued".

Liam takes a water break. One of about 5531.

Ben and his "uncle stick". I asked him why he called it an uncle stick. He said, "well, because uncles are kind of old and use a stick." I wonder which uncle he is thinking of . . . any ideas?

Jeremy and the Brittster atop an arch. Too bad I didn't get a shot in perspective.

We had a great time visiting family. Possibly the highlight for me was playing the game, "Things". My sister Monica brought it. During one round in which everyone decided to use one word answers such as "skyscraper" and "neon", Monica dissolved into hysterics waiting for the reader to read her answer which was "a man in a business suit riding a unicycle". Why didn't she win that round?

Anyway, since returning home I am still behind on all the housework although most of the Christmas stuff is put away. Elaine and I have been busy redoing/doing her room. I wouldn't have even thought about it, but now that we are having a GIRL I just have to make the room perfect. I'll post pictures of the new bedding and layout eventually. We are also getting a new rug and moving the other less "teen" rug into the guest room. It should really make the guest room more inviting, hint, hint. Now if only we could pare down all the junk/memorabilia out there we could really make it a nice room!

2 comments:

Ilene said...

That looks fun hiking. The pictures of the older kids on Christmas morning is adorable and brings back fond memories of Christmas morning waiting and waiting until we could finally go in to see our presents.

Raina said...

Hiking is fun. I can never seem to do that when I am prego.
I just got your christmas card... I guess you got mine too. I now can practice the names of which boy is who. I can't wait to find out what your having!