Friday, January 30, 2009

Animal Pillows



Elaine and I are redoing her room, which will also be the baby's room in a couple of years. So we found these really cute pillows (PBTeen), but the giraffe and elephant were sold out. Elaine didn't like the hippo and alligator as much. So we went to the fabric store during a huge sale and I spent a lot of money on organization stuff and fabric (but the deals were incredible!) and we made our own giraffe and elephant pillows. I actually embroidered some outline stitching to define the legs and the elephant's ear, but you can only tell close up. Elaine did the heat 'n' bond cutting and ironing, and she sewed the elephant pillow top and bottom together. We made them so we can remove the covers for washing. (I am so impressed with ourselves.) After the baby is born and named, we will monogram them. I need to take a photography class.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilary, these are darling! I like your fabrics way better than Pottery Barn's. How did you get the animal shapes so similar?

Chelsea said...

I am seriously so impressed! You should have Elaine be doing something like this with you for her Personal Progress...maybe you already thought of that! :)

Kimberly said...

Woah!!! Slow down there girlfriend...I am going to have to start calling you Martha. I know we are not supposed to covet - but-I have to admit. I am a little jealous of your talents.

Hilary said...

Sarah: I free-handed the shapes on paper (while looking at the PBteen pictures), and then tweaked them (esp. the giraffe) until they looked good to Elaine.

Chels: This is part of a large PP project to decorate her room. I figure the time spent choosing fabric, etc. counts, and she'll probably make another one all by herself.

Ilene said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Those look great! What a fun project too!

Bill Gates II said...

Hilary you are so talented. They are so cute. Congrats on the baby girl. Finally!!!

Raina said...

Way fun! I have been checking your blog to see what your having... Girl! Congrats! That is awesome!

The Erickson Five said...

So Impressive!! Is the baby here yet? Did you ave a girl?? I am so excited! Call me for pics! Would love to take some of the new baby!
XO
Stacy