I got a call from the specialist who "read"/"interpreted" my latest ultrasound measurements and we have encouraging news. My initial risk for carrying a Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21) baby was 1/56 (based on my age alone). After the measurements, that risk has dropped to 1/1300. My initial risk for carrying a Trisomy 18 baby was something like 1/200 (I can't remember) but that risk dropped to 1/10,1000. So, although that is only an indicator of risk, and not a sure thing, my odds look good. But like I said before, if God blesses us with an extra-sweet spirit that needs extra care, we can handle it.
We had a good time at Dave's High School Reunion last weekend, and hurried back to our house for a fun visit from some good friends from 10-13 years ago. Dan and Maria Townsend came to Tucson for the weekend for his Architecture Class Reunion. It was like stepping back in time to see them. Maria is as gorgeous and youthful looking as ever. We had no problem picking conversations up right where we left off 10 years ago. (Well, we have spoken on the phone a few times since then.)
So, now we just need to get together with the rest of you from that extraordinarily idyllic time of our lives! (Maybe it wasn't idyllic for you . . . but it would still be fun to see you!)
5 comments:
Hil, I'm glad to hear your ultrasound results were encouraging. We'll keep you and your baby (GIRL hopefully) in our prayers. Even if it turns out to be a boy, we'll still pray for him!
Hi Hil! Congagulations on the new little one coming!!!! You have officially made it into the large family catagory.
How fun that you got to see the Townsends. I would love for us all to get together...someday...I still think of those Tucson days as wonderful, and still miss everyone involved then.
So fun to see the Townsends! How many kids do they have now?
I look back on that time as idyllic, as irony would have it. I have good good memories of good friends and good times. I think it would be so fun to get everyone together! When will we make that happen?
Congrats on the baby news. I am so excited for you!
Holy Crap!!! Way to go Hil (on the prego thing)...it was a long time coming. You are such a good mom of boys God might see it fit to send you another *wink, wink*.
How have you been feeling? I only ask because...drumroll please...I am pregers too! Only 9 weeks along, but feeling every minute of it. On Monday, after I weighed in with a little lower weight than 2 weeks before, then passed out on the doctor and then proceeded to throw up...she saw it fit to prescribe me zofran 3x/day. I have not been feeling so well, OBVIOUSLY! Zofran is my magic pill and I L-O-V-E it! I ate twice yesterday and didn't throw any of it up.
More info than you wanted to know... We miss you guys.
Hilary...CONGRATS!!! I had no idea!!! I am so happy for you guys! You are such an amazing family!!! Are you going to Dr. Decker??? Anyway...we should do a double date if you are feeling OK!!! OK..add me if you want to your blog!! XOXOXO
Stacy
Post a Comment