Monday, October 20, 2008

Spilling the Beans

Well, yesterday someone asked me if I was feeling okay because my tummy looked a little swollen. So, for those of you still unaware, I am expecting again. We've seen the heartbeat on ultrasound, heard it on the doppler, so an early miscarriage doesn't seem likely. I am about 12 weeks along and due May 4, I think. Pray it is a girl.

Chelsea and I were actually due just a few days apart and we were going to send out a cute announcement together, but with things happening the way they did, I'm opting for this boring, pictureless post instead.

This will be a large gap between Liam and the baby . . . nearly 4 years. I feel old. I have an "ultrascreen" scheduled for Wednesday, where they take a few measurements that can indicate Down Syndrome. It will only tell me if I am at an increased risk or lower risk than I already am by being 39 years old. If the measurements indicate an increased risk, then we decide if we do any further tests. However, after spending the week with nephew baby Isaac (Down Syndrome) I am not as nervous as I used to be about it. He is such a doll.

So. The beans are spilt.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

HILARY!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Sonja said...

Congratulations!!!! I will pray for a girl for you and let you know when you can return the favor for me! :)

Cheryl said...

Wow! Congratulations!
Sorry you feel old. You don't look old. In fact, you're probably "glowing". Good luck with your tests.

Raina said...

Congrats! I am excited for you.

Becky W. said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I hope you have another girl coming along, too. But your boys are so darling, how can you go wrong! Yippee!!

Chelsea said...

I meant to comment earlier, but first saw your post on the Palm and then forgot to come back on the computer...ANYWAY, HOORAY! Don't hold back on my account...you've had your own shares of ups and downs with pregnancies, so put some pictures up and let it all out! :) Hee hee. We're still so excited for you!

Jamie said...

Wow, HIlary! You're amazing. Now I feel like a wimp for stopping because I'm 37 and pregnancy kills me. It seems to agree with you, though--you look great and your fam is gorgeous. I just had to say hello and congrats cuz I noticed we posted on Adriane's blog at the exact same time! ;) Take care...JM

Marcie said...

Hey, I found you! It's so great to see your blog and what y'all are up to. I can't believe how big the kids are!! Your family is beautiful. Congratulations on #6!! We finally caught up to you! We are expecting #6 too and have about the same due date again. :) I'm due April 27, but since they're all a week late, it'll probably be around May 4. We just found out it's a girl. I can't wait to hear about you! You guys are awesome. Love, Marcie