So I read Stephenie Meyer's "The Host". I liked it. It wasn't as captivating as the Twilight series, but very intriguing. There were times when I wished she had fine tuned parts more. Some of it felt a little half-baked, but the story was excellent. If she writes sequels, I will most likely read them. She hinted at some future dilemmas. Anyway. Now I have to decide what to read next.
2 comments:
I have to finish the books my mom sent me for Mother's day and then I can't wait to read this one. I'll let you know what I think.
It was fun seeing you guys yesterday!
I saw your review on GoodReads. I am sorry you didn't like it much. At the book signing I went to last week, she said she has been the the "Forks world" for a while but with all the publicity she has done for "The Host" she started thinking about those charaters again. She said she has written the prologue to the next "Host" book and the epilogue for the third. So maybe the one-dimentional charaters you didn't like will get fleshed out in subsuquent novels.
If I could have submitted a question, I would have asked her why the 'souls' ate meat. It seems that none of them would be able to slaughter animals. Just wondering.
Post a Comment