Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring in the Desert









Eventually I will take a class from Chelsea and learn how to post photos with subtitles rather than uploading them and hoping they stay in the right order. Anyway, here are some pictures of the hill behind our house covered in Mexican Poppies and other wildflowers. We even have a few bluebonnets and blue bells. I don't know what the small, light purple flowers are, or the small yellow ones. In one picture you see a fairy duster (mostly gone to seed) mingling with some poppies. It really is surreal to look out the window at our usually brown hill and see all this color! Apparently, we had a wet winter. I got most of the shots while the sun was hiding, but a few you can see where in the bright sun, which makes it hard to see the flowers.

No comments: